SANTA ROSA PLUMS
As a child growing up in Connecticut, I waited with great anticipation for two fruits to come into season each summer: wild black raspberries, and Santa Rosa plums. Commercial fruit growers largely have abandoned this superb variety, in favor of larger fruits with tough skins that ship better, but they are still considered the benchmark for plum flavor. I was thrilled to learn that these beauties are still grown at Belltown Hill Orchards in Glastonbury, Conn. One Saturday in mid-July, my friend Corenda and I picked close to 10 pounds of these tart/sweet, juicy delights. This photo shows some of the fruits in a bucket, just minutes off the trees.
Description (Framed Miniatures):
- 2x3 inch digital images, edited for optimal color and detail.
- Individually printed by the artist and signed on back of print and on mat.
- Printed with archival inks on coated, acid-free, fine art inkjet papers (Franklin Fine Art 100% cotton rag, Legion Matte, or comparable). Papers have a perfectly smooth, matte finish.
- Hinge-mounted with artist's tape on acid-free white mats with white cores.
- Wood frames measuring 3 5/8 inches x 4 5/8 inches, painted or stained.
- Available in your choice of 8 colors (see thumbnail photo on left).
- Frame Color Options gallery shows a sample print in the different frames.
- Metallic Gold frames have beveled edges. Other colors have straight edges.
- Non-reflective glass available for an additional $3.00 per frame
All images may be custom ordered in two larger sizes (unframed, with white/white core mats):
- 5x7 inch print matted to 8x10 inches
- 8x10 inch print matted to 11x14 inches
Please contact me for information and prices.