RED FOX VIXEN (WC)
One morning in January, 2017, following weeks of single-digit temperatures and snow in Central Connecticut, a red fox climbed up on my deck for a drink from a heated birdbath. She had a bad case of mange (skin parasites), evidenced by loss of fur, especially from her tail. She was extremely weak, and could barely see, because her eyes were swollen and nearly closed from the infection. I obtained medication from a local veterinary practice, and began leaving medicine-spiked chicken for her at night. After the treatment ended, I continued to leave chicken for her every few days for the next several weeks. Two months later, she returned, built a den beneath my shed, and produced five beautiful offspring. The medication worked, and she is now beautiful and healthy. Photo edited digitally to produce a watercolor-like image.
Description (Framed Miniatures):
- 2x3 inch digital images, edited for optimal color and detail.
- Individually printed by the artist and signed on back of print and on mat.
- Printed with archival inks on coated, acid-free, fine art inkjet papers (Franklin Fine Art 100% cotton rag, Legion Matte, or comparable). Papers have a perfectly smooth, matte finish.
- Hinge-mounted with artist's tape on acid-free white mats with white cores.
- Wood frames measuring 3 5/8 inches x 4 5/8 inches, painted or stained.
- Available in your choice of 8 colors (see thumbnail photo on left).
- Frame Color Options gallery shows a sample print in the different frames.
- Metallic Gold frames have beveled edges. Other colors have straight edges.
- Non-reflective glass available for an additional $3.00 per frame
All images may be custom ordered in two larger sizes (unframed, with white/white core mats):
- 5x7 inch print matted to 8x10 inches
- 8x10 inch print matted to 11x14 inches
Please contact me for information and prices.