HEIRLOOM TOMATOES #2
Close-up image of brightly colored heirloom tomatoes. Heirloom tomatoes generally are sweeter and lack a genetic mutation that gives tomatoes a uniform red color at the cost of the fruit's taste. Varieties bearing this mutation, which have been favored by industry since the 1940s, feature fruits with lower levels of carotenoids (red, orange, and yellow pigments) and a decreased ability to make sugar within the fruit.
Description (Framed Miniatures):
- 2x3 inch digital images, edited for optimal color and detail.
- Individually printed by the artist and signed on back of print and on mat.
- Printed with archival inks on coated, acid-free, fine art inkjet papers (Franklin Fine Art 100% cotton rag, Legion Matte, or comparable). Papers have a perfectly smooth, matte finish.
- Hinge-mounted with artist's tape on acid-free white mats with white cores.
- Wood frames measuring 3 5/8 inches x 4 5/8 inches, painted or stained.
- Available in your choice of 8 colors (see thumbnail photo on left).
- Frame Color Options gallery shows a sample print in the different frames.
- Metallic Gold frames have beveled edges. Other colors have straight edges.
- Non-reflective glass available for an additional $3.00 per frame
All images may be custom ordered in two larger sizes (unframed, with white/white core mats):
- 5x7 inch print matted to 8x10 inches
- 8x10 inch print matted to 11x14 inches
Please contact me for information and prices.