Days' Cottages are the iconic row of identical white cottages with sea-foam green shutters on Cape Cod Bay along Route 6A at Beach Point in North Truro, Mass. Each of the 22 cottages bears a sign with the name of a different flower: Rose, Dahlia, Zinnia, Peony, Tulip, and so on. The cottages were built beginning in 1931 by Joseph Days, and were rented for 87 years during summer seasons. In 2017, the inevitable happened. The 420 square foot cottages were sold as condominiums for $399,000 each. They will retain their collective name, however, and deed restrictions forbid owners from altering the exteriors.
Description (Framed Miniatures):
- 2x3 inch digital images, edited for optimal color and detail.
- Individually printed by the artist and signed on back of print and on mat.
- Printed with archival inks on coated, acid-free, fine art inkjet papers (Franklin Fine Art 100% cotton rag, Legion Matte, or comparable). Papers have a perfectly smooth, matte finish.
- Hinge-mounted with artist's tape on acid-free white mats with white cores.
- Wood frames measuring 3 5/8 inches x 4 5/8 inches, painted or stained.
- Available in your choice of 8 colors (see thumbnail photo on left).
- Frame Color Options gallery shows a sample print in the different frames.
- Metallic Gold frames have beveled edges. Other colors have straight edges.
- Non-reflective glass available for an additional $3.00 per frame
All images may be custom ordered in two larger sizes (unframed, with white/white core mats):
- 5x7 inch print matted to 8x10 inches
- 8x10 inch print matted to 11x14 inches
Please contact me for information and prices.